A good quality inversion table made from carbon steel is an excellent piece of fitness equipment. It is ideal fitness equipment for middle aged men and women. Even the young stand to gain a lot in terms of fitness by incorporating inversion therapy in their fitness routine.
Inversion therapy table not only relieves neck and back pain but also makes you feel and look good. It energies the body, sharpens the mental faculties and helps to focus better. It has been proven beyond doubt that 5 to 10 minutes of inversion therapy every day is sufficient to infuse a positive attitude towards life. However before starting inversion therapy Canadian Health&Care Mall finds it necessary to consult your physician.
Medical Conditions That Limit the Use of Inversion Table
There are certain medical conditions where it is better to refrain from using the inversion table.
- Avoid using the Inversion therapy table in case you suffer from eye infections such as glaucoma, retinal detachment or conjunctivitis. Similarly in case you have an ear infection it is better to rest, till completely cured before working on the inversion table. Using the inversion table can mitigate the chances of an early recovery.
- Those who have a history of high blood pressure, hypertension or had a stroke or transient ischemic attack in the recent past should by all counts steer clear of the inversion therapy table. Inversion therapy shall do more harm than good.
- Inversion therapy is also not meant for the extremely obese, pregnant women, patients on high dosage of anti-coagulants and other heart and circulatory disorders patients. Though it rehydrates the spine, bone weakness such as osteoporosis is unsuitable for therapy as are incidences of unhealed fractures, medullary pins, or surgically implanted orthopedic supports.
- Hiatus hernia or Ventral hernia patients should also avoid use of the inversion therapy table.
- If you have none of the medical conditions enlisted above, you can safely use the inversion therapy table. However before working out on the inversion table it is necessary to review and to get familiar with the instructions provided in the manual.
- For your own benefit and safety, every inversion table comes with a manual. Before assembling read the entire do’ and the don’ts provided in the manual.
- While assembling the inversion table, ensure that you have additional help. This not only facilitates the process of assembling but also prevents any damage.
- It is also necessary to ensure that all the bolts and screws are fastened before using the inversion therapy table.
- It is advisable not to exercise alone on the inversion table. Ensure you have a partner or trainer to provide assistance in case you are unable to get back to the upright position.
- It is always preferable to buy a good quality inversion table that has all the safety features such as extra long ankle lock, safety tether straps, etc. Before traction, make sure that all the belts and clasps are tightly secured. Also, make the right height adjustments so as to remove any kind of discomfort during inversion.
- Make sure that there is enough room for clearance between the head and the floor. This is particularly necessary in case the user is tall. It is also necessary to ensure that the table is stable by placing it on a level surface. The basement or the garage is not an ideal place for workout if the floor is rough or bumpy.
- Every inversion table has its weight capacity. In case you are overweight refrain from using the table.
- As with other fitness equipment, it is better to wear proper workout clothes and sneakers. In case you have long hair, tie it so that it does not entangle in one of the nuts and the screws of the inversion table.
- Children and pets should not be allowed anywhere near the vicinity of the inversion table.
- Always start slow. Never go in for a full inversion if you are a novice. That could be exceedingly damaging. Begin with a small inversion. A 30 degree inversion is good to begin with. Only when you are comfortable, switch to more elevation. A shallow inversion provides sufficient benefits; you really do not need a full inversion.
- If you feel dizzy, elevate to the upright position without delay.
All in all, undoubtedly, the inversion table is a remarkable piece of fitness equipment. You can leverage maximum possible benefits from an inversion table provided you stick to the guidelines and practice all the safety measures.