Back pain is very stressful. It disrupts your professional and personal life by restricting mobility and confining you to many days of bed rest. Financially, it is a big burden. You will have to go to your doctor regularly and pay for expensive medical procedures. Every year, thousands of people do not go to work because of their back pain. This loss in man hours amounts to millions of dollars every day without taking into account the pain caused by back pain.
Treatment for back pain depends on the diagnosis. If the back pain is severe, surgery is recommended. For mild back pain, Canadian Health&Care Mall recommends a range of palliative treatment. Inversion table therapy is one of the best known treatments for back pain. It was first used by Hippocrates, way back in 400B.C, when he stretched a back pain patient on a ladder.
Modern practice dates back to 1970’s, when some doctors started inversion therapy to back pain patients. Inversion therapy became hugely popular in the 1980’s on the back of some positive results. Since then it has been widely prevalent.
Back pain occurs due to compression of the vertebrates. Due to gravity and aging the vertebrates constituting our backbone gets compressed. This forces spinal disc and nerve endings to bulge out. If the sciatica nerve is involved you end up with mild to intense pain. The pain may be sporadic or chronic.
What is It?
The Ironman Gravity 4000 Inversion Table uses gravity to decompress your vertebrates. When you lie down in the head down position, the vertebrate is pulled from one another because of the force of gravity. This increases the gap between the vertebrates which frees the discs and the nerve endings compressed between them. The Ironman Gravity 4000 comes from the Ironman range of products that are well known for their workmanship and quality.
Who Can Use It?
The user weight is limited to 350lbs. Other than user weight there are the usual precautions. It is not advisable to use this Ironman inversion table if you have high blood pressure, glaucoma, coronary heart disease, liver and kidney impairment. Do not use it, unless advised by a doctor, if you are recovering from a surgery or fracture. People, who have arthritis, or any other kind of inflammation of the bones or joints, are advised not to use it unless recommended by their doctor. Pregnant woman are also not advised to use it till their condition exists.
What Makes It Different?
The Ironman 4000 Inversion Table is built for comfort. The solid backrest and lumbar support allows you to stretch out comfortably. The ankle support is very comfortable and allows you to do your daily stretching without the fear of falling over. The ground stabilizers provide ample support to the frame during your daily stretching activities.
How Do I Install?
Assembly is a complete breeze once you have understood the instructions properly. It takes 30- 45 minutes to assemble this equipment. If you are not comfortable with your mechanical skills, enlist somebody who is comfortable doing this. Before you start assembling, make sure that nothing is missing. If something is missing or damaged, call up customer care and ask for replacements. Most manufactures will ensure that you get your replacements fast.
Is It Easy to Use?
It is very easy to use. Once you have assembled the Ironman 4000, you can start using it right away. Canadian Health&Care Mall recommends that you start on an empty stomach. Inversion may cause acid reflux, which is very painful and discomforting. Using it is very easy. Lie back and raise your arm slowly. As you raise your arm, the table will start tilting. Once you have tilted fully, you can lower your arm to reverse the process and go back to starting position. Repeating this process a few times every day will help you get relief from back pain.
The Ironman Gravity 4000 Inversion Table follows the highest standards of safety. The design and parts keep you away from bodily harm during the duration of the exercise. However, you should take certain precautions because like any other machine it has moving parts which can be dangerous. Here are some safety tips to follow.
- Always wear proper size apparel when using the equipment.
- If you feel like you are about to faint, become light-headed or dizzy while operating the unit, stop exercise immediately.
- Keep children and pets away from the equipment.
- Only one person should use the equipment at a time.
- Make sure your equipment is correctly assembled before you use it.
- Be sure all screws, nuts, and bolts are tightened prior to use.
- Do not operate this or any exercise equipment if it is damaged.
- Always use this equipment on a clear and level surface. Do not use outdoors or near water.
- Keep your hands and feet away from its moving parts and don’t insert objects into any of its openings.
- Make sure you keep jewelry and loose clothes away from its moving parts.
- Do not use it for commercial purposes.
Technical Specs & Features
- Sturdy inversion table for reducing back stress and stimulating circulation
- Tubular steel frame, memory-foam nylon backrest, and powder-coated finish
- Tough rubber non-skid floor stabilizers; inverts up to 90 degrees
- Ergonomically molded ankle cushions; supports up to 350 pounds
- Measures 26 x 65 x 49 inches (W x H x D)
- Weighs 75 pounds
- Vinyl Covered Foam Backrest
- Heavy-Duty Steel Frame
- 350 Weight Capacity (in pounds)
- Ratchet System Ankle Locking System
Is This a Good Buy?
This Ironman Gravity Inversion Table is a good buy if you are looking for affordable therapeutic equipment for your home. It is easy to install, takes 30 minutes at the most if you know what you are doing. The unit is easy to use. The leg locks feel secure. You don’t have to buy $100 gravity boots. Just ensure that the harness is secured and stretch your back. The therapeutic benefits of using this equipment last for a long time, stretching on for many days. Stretch on the Ironman 4000 for a few minutes every day for best results.
The Ironman Gravity 4000 is heavy. Moving it from one place to another is tough, especially if you have a bad back. Ideally you should be keeping the gravity table where you can use it every day without having to worry about how much space it is taking up.
Who Should Buy This Inversion Table?
The Ironman 4000 is an excellent choice if you want to get rid of your back problems quickly. You should buy this handy equipment if you:
- Are looking for an affordable therapeutic equipment
- Don’t want any compromises when it comes to safety
- Need to get rid of your back pain fast
- Want a proven and trusted solution to your back problems
This is a wonderful piece of therapeutic equipment. It is affordable, reliable and easy to use. You can use it for a few minutes every day to get relief from back pain. This equipment will also help you get a better posture along with other health benefits. The Ironman Gravity 4000 Inversion Table is a great addition to your daily workout. It is a must have if you want to stay healthy for a long time.